Last Date To Apply: October 31, 2020
Scholars of Forrest Research Foundation Scholarships are at the forefront of main world research in their chosen discipline. Their research can change the world.
Applicants who want to study in the fields represented by robust research groups at Western Australian universities are in particular encouraged to apply.
Applicants are required before submitting their application to contact their future supervisors.
Accepted Scholars will receive a scholarship package which contains fees, stipend, accommodation and travel allowance:
- A Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend or equal university postgraduate research scholarship stipend esteemed at $28,092 per annum in 2020. It indexed every year, or greater value to be determined by the university.
- An accommodation allowance esteemed at $21,069 in 2020 and concern to annual indexation. The allowance is accessible to cover accommodation expenses of a studio at Forrest Hall. If a Forrest Scholar has a residency exemption by the Forrest Research Foundation Governors, the accommodation allowance can be used to contribute to the expenses of other residential accommodation. The Forrest Foundation endeavours to provide a two-bedroom apartment to scholars with resident dependant children.
- Research and Relocation research/operating travel allowance of up to $13,000. The relocation allowance covers airfares and relocation charges for scholars to relocate to Perth to take up the scholarship. The research/operating travel allowance is available for accepted research-related expenses, overseas research, and seminar travel.
Forrest Research Foundation Scholarships are available for brilliant international and Australian students who want to study a PhD at the following Western Australian universities:
- Curtin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Murdoch University
- Notre Dame University (Fremantle Campus)
- The University of Western Australia
An applicant should have a bachelor’s diploma of First Class Honours standard or equivalent, such as a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.8/4.0. Applicants will normally be in the top 5% of students in their graduating class. The average GPA of Forrest Scholars is higher than 3.95/4.00. Applicants should be willing to live with other Forrest Scholars (exemptions can be considered in exceptional circumstances by the Scholarship Conditions).
Applicants for Forrest Research Foundation Scholarships are required to submit:
- Completed Application Form.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Copies of all academic transcripts.
- Contact details for four referees – two academic (required) and two personal (optional).
- Copies of birth certificates or passport.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Passport-sized photograph.
- Short essay of no greater than a thousand words which explains the applicant’s want to study at their nominated university, the plan of study, details of the research group, intended supervisors and future careers plans. It has to address the selection criteria concerning the applicants:
– Academic achievements (with a bachelor’s diploma of First Class Honours standard or equivalent).
– Exceptional ability, resourcefulness and originality.
– Potential to make positive differences in the world.
– Demonstration of how the award will help to build a world-class innovation and research capacity in Western Australia.