Applications are open from September 15, each year.
Applications are invited for the Fully Funded Summer Scholarship for Foreign Students in Germany.
The University Summer Courses Scholarship for Foreign Students and Graduates program is intended for students who would like to develop their German language skills and/or discover a variety of historical and cultural subject areas in more depth. German lessons can be taken at levels B & C.
This program’s objective is to help students and graduates develop their German language skills and cultural information.
Who can apply?
- Students with Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees can apply to the programs in any subject area.
- Bachelor students must do at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
What can be funded?
The University Summer Courses Scholarship funds attendance of language and area studies courses and specific language/terminology courses offered by German universities and by language schools.
Courses are taught Only in the German language.
Duration of the funding:
- The courses are taken for at least 18 teaching days (5 days/week in max, excluding days of arrival and departure) with 25 hours the minimum of teaching a week.
- The grants are not renewable.
- The courses generally take place in the period from June to November.
- One-off scholarship payment of 1,061 euros; students from “Least Developed Countries” obtain a 1,236 euros scholarship.
- Payment of travel allowance. Except for Western Europe. The overview accepted for 2021 will be posted soon.
- Payments related to health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover.
- Please note:
Course and accommodation costs are deducted directly from scholarship payments by the language lessons provider so that the grant holder is possibly paid only the remainder to the full amount of the Scholarship by the course provider.
The payments cited above, including travel allowance, will not be transferred abroad.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have at least 18 years old when the funded stay begins
- be registered at the time of application and throughout the funded stay at a university of one of the program-related countries (except Germany).
- The scholarship holder may only be considered once in any three consecutive years for a DAAD University Summer Course Grant.
- Be able to follow lectures in German and collaborate in teams.
- Proof of German language abilities must be provided with the application.
- The language certificates have to be no more than one year old. Language certificates from B2 or TDN4 in all examined sections may be older than one year.
- The following language certificates can be accepted: onSET-Deutsch, TestDaF, Goethe Institut-Nachweis, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, ÖSD-Zertifikat.
- In principle, candidates have to provide proof of a minimum language level of A
Applicants are required to submit the following files for University Summer Courses Scholarship for Foreign Students and Graduates:
- Online application form.
- Full CV in tabular form (in German)
- Cover Letter (in German)
- Copy of school certificate (for Bachelor students) or Bachelor degree certificate (for Master students), both with final grade(s) with German or English translation.
- Proof of credits in German or English of the last two years
- Language certificate (in German or English translation, if applicable)
- Other documents you think would possibly be of relevance to your application with German or English translation, if applicable (e.g., certificates of employment, proof of placements)