Periode To Apply: September to November 2020
Applications for Fully Funded Global Korea Scholarships are invited at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea.
The Global Korea Scholarships provide international scholars with opportunities at Korea’s higher educational institutions for academic degrees, which will improve international education exchange and developing the mutual friendship between the participating countries and Korea.
Available Options in Universities
Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at chosen universities*
*Transfert between universities is not permitted. (e.g., Beginning studies at the junior year is not allowed.).
Number of Global Korea Scholarships
Korea’s government invites 125 international students from 67 countries to pursue their bachelor’s degree in Korea. To be chosen as a GKS grantee, any candidate should pass through the Korean Embassy’s 1st selection process of their country.
Korea’s government invites 60 international scholars from 72 countries to get a bachelor’s degree ( Engineering or Nature Science majors) and 35 candidates from 17 countries to pursue an associate degree. To be chosen as a GKS grantee, any candidate must pass through the designated universities’ 1st selection process.
admitted applicants to receive:
- A Degree Tuition: Entirely covered
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW.
- Monthly Stipend: 900,000 KRW per month
- Korean Language Training Fee dor one year: Fully covered
- Monthly Medical Insurance: 60,000 KRW
- Monthly Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW
- Degree Award: 100,000 KRW.
To apply for the Scholarships:
- All applicants and their parents need to be citizens of GKS partner countries, and Korean citizens cannot apply.
- Applicants should be mentally and physically healthy to stay abroad for a long time.
- Be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2021.
- Must hold a high school degree before March 01, 2021.
- All candidates must have the overall grade point average (CGPA) equal to or greater than any of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree Applicant: be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class, 80% or above on a 100 point scale.
- Associate Degree Applicant: be ranked within the top 25% within one’s class, Or 75% or above on a 100 point scale.
The Scholarships, applicants have to:
- Submit the scholarship related documents to the domestic university concerned or the Korean Embassy in their country:
- Personal Statement
- Academic Transcript
- Research Proposal or Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Letter
- Certificates of Language Proficiency (Korean or English), awards, etc.
- The domestic university or The Korean Embassy sends the candidates to NIIED with the documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential applicants and notifies the final selected KGSP grantees to the Korean Embassy.