Last Date To Apply: November 15, 2020
Applications for Fully Funded PhD Scholarship Positions in Life Sciences are invited at The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Life Sciences in Germany.
PhD Scholarship Positions in Life Sciences are searching for brilliant graduates from all over the world to be part of our community of passionate young scientists in one of Europe’s most beautiful cities.
The most vital asset of our program is a vivid research network that our students have get entry to. IMPRS-LS brings two famous Max Planck Institutes, the MPI of Biochemistry & the MPI of Neurobiology and also two leading partner universities, the LMU and TUM, to provide first-class training for the world‘s most promising future scientists.
More than 60 special and internationally identified crew leaders actively take part in the PhD program and offer challenging and important PhD projects in the following areas:
- Computational Biology
- Gene Regulation
- Protein Structure
- Systems Biology
Number of Scholarships:
Up to 30 scholarship will be available.
Successful candidates benefits:
- A stipend of 1500 Euros per month, Relocation support, Travel allowance, German language courses, Family help program.
- Excellent career opportunities in a brilliant international research community.
- An English-speaking structured PhD program prepared by Munich-based Max Planck Institutes and Universities.
- State-of-the-art facilities and important research projects.
- Individual mentoring and supervision from research scientists leaders in their respective fields.
- Full funding for worldwide and German students, with no tuition charges and extra funding for scientific conferences and training.
To be eligible for PhD Scholarship, candidates must:
- Hold an MSc (or equal degree) with a robust background in Biological Sciences, Neurosciences, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology or a similar discipline.
- Outstanding students with a first-class BSc degree (or equal degree) are eligible to apply for the fast-track option.
How to apply:
The candidate is required to submit following files for PhD Scholarship Positions in Life Sciences:
- CV (PDF file, 2-3 pages).
- Two recommendation letters.
- Transcript or record of study and diploma certificates, for all your completed degrees, If provided from the university, please additionally upload the completing information.
- Temporary or provisional transcripts for degree programs, you are presently enrolled in
- Document qualifying for studies (high school degree, Abitur, Matura or equivalent).
- Certificate of English language (unless you are native English speaker)
- Information about relevant scholarships, prizes and awards if you have some.
- A GRE general and GRE subject test report in biochemistry, biology, chemistry or physics (Institution code: 2828, Institution name: INTL M PLANCK RES SCH LF SCI ). We, in particular, suggest a GRE subject test if you studied outside the EU. For candidates from India, we additionally accept GATE as an alternative.
- Copy of passport (specifically endorsed if you are an international candidate no longer living in the EU).
- It is also possible to add a portrait picture, to display in your application file (it is optional).
The activation of the application portal of IMPRS for Molecular Life Sciences: From Biological Structures to Neural Circuits will be on September 01, 2020.