Last Date To Apply: October 30, 2020
The Saïd Foundation has provided academic scholarships and training possibilities since 1984. The programme objectives to empower human beings through education and to inspire the improvement of the Middle East. The scholarship focus on exceptional persons with leadership asset who will be drivers of effective change in our targeted nations of Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine.
Applications invited for Entirely Funded Saïd Foundation Scholarships Programme at chosen UK associate universities only.
Number of Scholarships :
The Saïd Foundation Scholarships Programme gives about 30 new scholarships annually.
Successful candidates will get the following benefits:
- Tuition fees
- Full maintenance/living expenses for the period of course
- An arrival allowance
- A thesis allowance
- Visa and healthcare surcharge fees
- Economy return flight
Separate funding is in place for chosen students to study at both the University of Oxford or Cambridge University.
What are the Considered courses?
Saïd Foundation Scholarships Programme is principally for one-year postgraduate courses in the UK. In outstanding situations, it may also be possible to consider applicants for two-year masters courses in the UK or two-year distance studying programmes.
Candidates applying for a two-year course or a distance studying programme have to provide a specific clarification of your desire in your application form. Failure to do so may also mean your scholarship application will no longer be considered.
There are no restrictions on the educational topic show ever candidates ought to exhibit that their studies will allow them to contribute to the improvement of their home country.
To be eligible for a Saïd Foundation Scholarships Programme, all candidates have to meet the following criteria:
- Hold Syrian, Palestinian, Lebanese or Jordanian nationality and ought to completely stay in one of these countries. The Foundation will consider Syrians living in some other place due to actual situations in that country.
- Hold an undergraduate diploma that is equal to a UK 2.1 degree or higher. Candidates who are in the last year of their undergraduate diploma will also be considered.
- Have voluntary and/or voluntary work experience that is relevant to their field of study and a clear profession route on completion of their studies and return to their domestic country or region
- Demonstrate leadership knowledge in their chosen discipline or sector
- Have applied for a course at a Foundation associate university (or have legitimate exceptional reasons for applying for a non-partner university)
- Meet the Foundation’s English language necessities (IELTS of 6.0 overall with at least 6.0 in every band). Some universities have greater necessities, so candidates have to meet these necessities too.
- Upload all required documentation
For the Saïd Foundation Scholarships Programme, candidates have to submit following files with the online application:
- A copy of your high school marks or certificate
- A copy of your university graduation certificate with transcripts, if you are in the last year of your studies, please add all transcripts you have received to date.
- A copy of your ID or passport
- A copy of English language certificate (or confirmation of your language test date)
- Offer letter(s) from your chosen UK universities for a postgraduate course commencing in September 2021. If you have no longer got an offer, you should provide evidence that you have applied for a place, i.e. the university application ID
- Three reference letters which have to be uploaded beside your application, and considered like non admitted the Applications without three reference letters.